Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Jones County Government. Jones County is a rapidly, growing county; in order to provide the best services possible to our residents, our workforce is also growing! The Jones County Board of Commissioners welcomes submission of applications for open positions until the position is filled or during the specified window as described on the job announcement. Applications are required for all positions and resumes as supplemental information to your employment application. Applications are also available at the Government Center building Monday through Friday, from 8:30 am until 5:00 pm.
- Applications can be submitted one of three ways: (1) in person at the Government Center, (2) via fax 478 986-8298, (3) via mail to Human Resources 166 Industrial Blvd, Gray GA 31032
- Applicants selected for an interview will be notified. Applicants may not be notified of receipt of application or non-selection. It is the responsibility of the applicant to follow-up on applications.
- Applicants must have a high school diploma or its equivalent and must possess a valid Georgia drivers license.
- Entry level testing may be a qualification requirement for specific positions as indicated on the job posting. Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process will be contacted for a test date. The scheduling process can take up to 4 – 6 weeks.
- You must submit one application for each different position you are applying for. You may submit one application if there are 2 positions open under the same job title.
Jones County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or any other status protected by applicable Federal, State, or local laws.
Current Employment Opportunties
The Jones County Board of Commissioners is accepting applications for an Equipment Operator 1. Candidate will perform work in all types of weather conditions. Must have the ability to operate dump trucks, front end loaders, powered machinery, and tractors. Candidate must be in good physical condition and have the ability to perform preventative maintenance of…
The Jones County Board of Commissioners is accepting applications for a 4-H Extension Educator. This position involves conducting in- school meetings, curriculum for the home school program, holding club meetings, promoting camps and events, recruiting students, conducting community service projects, coaching a judging team, and planning summer activities. The applicant must have a Bachelor’s degree…
The Jones County Board of Commissioners is accepting applications for a CDL Truck Driver. This position involves working in all types of weather conditions driving, loading, and unloading trucks. Transporting of a variety of material including hazardous materials including fuel and lubricants. Candidate must have knowledge of the operation, servicing, and preventative maintenance of trucks…
The Jones County Board of Commissioners is accepting applications for a Laborer. This positions involves serving food to children in the evenings on school days and all day on Holidays and during summer break. The applicant must have 1 year of food service and nutrition experience, a high school diploma or GED, and a valid…
The Jones County Board of Commissioners is accepting applications for the position of non CDL truck driver at the Public Works Department. Position will operate trucks of various sizes and perform manual labor tasks. Must have 1 year experience. Applicant must also have a high school diploma or its equivalent and must possess a valid…
The Jones County Board of Commissioners is accepting applications for a part-time Recycle Center Attendant. Must have a valid Georgia Driver’s License and High School diploma or equivalent.
The Jones County Sheriff’s Office is presently accepting applications for a full time P.O.S.T. Certified deputy.The position requires working rotating shift hours. If interested apply in person only, at 123 Holmes Hawkins Drive, Gray Ga. The Jones County Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Jones County Sheriff’s office is presently accepting applications for a full-time Jailer. The position requires working rotating shift hours. If interested, apply in person at 123 Holmes Hawkins Drive, Gray Ga. Jones County is an Equal Opportunity Employer