Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Jones County Government. Jones County is a rapidly, growing county; in order to provide the best services possible to our residents, our workforce is also growing! The Jones County Board of Commissioners welcomes submission of applications for open positions until the position is filled or during the specified window as described on the job announcement. Applications are required for all positions and resumes as supplemental information to your employment application. Applications are also available at the Government Center building Monday through Friday, from 8:30 am until 5:00 pm.
- Applications can be submitted one of three ways: (1) in person at the Government Center, (2) via fax 478 986-8298, (3) via mail to Human Resources 166 Industrial Blvd, Gray GA 31032
- Applicants selected for an interview will be notified. Applicants may not be notified of receipt of application or non-selection. It is the responsibility of the applicant to follow-up on applications.
- Applicants must have a high school diploma or its equivalent and must possess a valid Georgia drivers license.
- Entry level testing may be a qualification requirement for specific positions as indicated on the job posting. Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process will be contacted for a test date. The scheduling process can take up to 4 – 6 weeks.
- You must submit one application for each different position you are applying for. You may submit one application if there are 2 positions open under the same job title.
Jones County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or any other status protected by applicable Federal, State, or local laws.
Current Employment Opportunties
The Jones County Board of Commissioners is accepting applications for an Equipment Operator III. Candidate will perform work in all types of weather conditions. Minimum 5 years’ experience operating motor graders, dump trucks, front end loaders, powered machinery, and tractors, or a combination. Candidate must be in good physical condition and have the ability to…
The Jones County Board of Commissioners is accepting applications for a part time Groundskeeper. This position requires light to heavy manual labor and involves working in all types of weather conditions. Must be able to safely use common hand tools, garden/yard equipment, and various power tools. Must have a valid Georgia Driver’s License and High…
The Jones County Board of Commissioners is accepting applications for a Building Maintenance Assistant. The position requires maintaining interiors and exteriors of county-owned buildings and their component parts, performing scheduled routine maintenance, responding to service calls, and troubleshooting to identify causes of problems when they occur. Applicant must have 1 – 2 years’ experience. Must…